Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:48:08 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        John Reynolds <jjreynold@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wireless cards

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 03:10:00PM -0700, John Reynolds wrote:
> Not sure myself, but wanted to ask you to post a summary of your
> learnings if/when you do figure it all out! I'm also drooling
> to "go wireless" with my laptop--just haven't had the $$$ or time yet.

Just to add to the fun...

I've got the Novatel Merlin for Ricochet PCMCIA modem working.  So,
I can be wireless at near broadband (guaranteed 128Kbit, usually more
like 220Kb) anywhere here in Phoenix.  I'm thinking about a
router/firewall/NAT based on FreeBSD that has both the 802.11b and
the Ricochet cards in a notebook.  That could wireless enable
schools, conferences, work, parks, etc...

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com