Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:12:29 GMT
From:      Narek <ngharibyan@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/114891: Policy Based Routing Problem (ipfw fwd)

>Number:         114891
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Policy Based Routing Problem (ipfw fwd)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a firewall/router with FreeBSD 6.2 installed on it. 2 ISP connection and 2 LAN connections. I need to do a policy-based routing. All I need that packets coming from one ISP interface return to that interface (incoming connections’ source based routing) and the other hand do a IP based routing from the LAN (Some packets will goes out via ISP 1 some others via ISP 2 depending on IPs requested). I tried to do that with ipfw fwd but it didn’t work any way (e.g. with ip.forwarding enabled or no). Even I've disabled my static routes, default gw. Just it do nothing. Sample configs are

ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from ${my lan} to any via ${eif}
ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from ${my lan} to any out via ${eif}
ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from any to any xmit ${eif}

I don’t use nat, proxy. Just need to route.
>How-To-Repeat:
always