Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:31:14 -0400
From:      A Ling <aling.fubar@alum.mit.edu>
To:        "hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AHA-1540C & IBM 25L1790 compatible? (& does 25L1790 = DNES-309170?)

I have seen multiple vendors list an IBM drive with the following
description.  Does anyone have any experience with this or similar
combination?  The only other device on the adapter at the moment is a
Hewlett-Packard C1533A  DDS 2 SCSI 2 4mm DAT tape drive.  I'm afraid
getting a PCI adapter is out of the question for this particular
machine.  I'm running 2.2.7 now, but would like to upgrade to 3.2 or 3.3
by installing on a new disk.  Up until now, I've only had IDE drives, so
would like to avoid problems.

"Ultrastar 18ES 9.1gb hd ultra scsi 50-pin 7200rpm part 25L1790"

If I've navigated the IBM web site correctly, they refer to perhaps the
same drive as DNES-309170 at
http://www.storage.ibm.com/hardsoft/diskdrdl/prod/us18es.htm

   Thanks for any hints.  By the way, if I should instead ask on the
-questions or -SCSI list instead, please mail me (I'm only subscribed to
-stable).
Alex Ling, MD
Rockville, Md