Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "[-dp-]" <dp@penix.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha Pc164

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, [-dp-] wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> I am recently installed FreeBSD 4- on one of my alphas. Installation
> succeeded. The problem is I cannot boot the system from the srm console
> because it does not initialise my scsi int. My question: is there a way

int what?

> to boot the system from the arc console?

No.

> Arc successfully inits the device.

How on earth did you manage to install w/o SRM recognizing a device?

Your mail  is unclear as to whether there's a problem with SRM not recognizing
your SCSI controller or whether the Kernel now won't boot off of it.

Note that PC164 has perfectly fine IDE interface.

Use 4.1 or 4.1.1 instead of 4.0 is possible.

-matt