Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 1997 23:34:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
Cc:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LINT and GENERIC - between a rock and a generic place.

> Fine. Michael, want to share what you've done so far? Who else has done
> a bit of work on it ? I'd *really* like even just a dialog-based kernel
> build tool. (Although, I suppose, how about we use TurboVision ? :)

I strongly suggest Turbovision if you want to save your sanity.
dialog simply provides too little in the way of flexibility and it's a
pain in the a** to use (and I speak from ample personal experience
here :-).

And yes, history has also this to basically not work as a committee
effort.  Only when one person does most of the work and submits it
to the rest for _review_ and general kibbitzing does the whole
process work.  Try and actaully develop this by committee and you'll
still be talking about it around this time next year. ;-)

					Jordan