Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:20:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrik Rensink <drensink@yahoo.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Evolution install script and libxml dependency?

I have FreeBSD 4.9 with the ports collection updated
from cvsup.FreeBSD.org as of Dec 28, 2003.

When I make install Evolution 1.4.5 from the
collection the script fails complaining that libslt
needs a version of libxml 2-2.6.2 or newer.  Since I
only have libxml 2-2.5.11 installed that makes sense
and I could always install the newer libxml first.
However, I was under the impression that the script
should look for the libxml dependency and install it
on its own before ever attempting to install libslt.
The script never even looks for the newer libxml in
the ports collection.

Is this an oversight in the script that needs to be
corrected or is there some reason it cannot go get the
dependency like every other port in the collection?

Thankyou,
Derrik