Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 09:08:18 -0500
From:      "Travis Leuthauser" <travis@bbipmail.com>
To:        "Sid Lambert" <sid@bsdworld.org>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FA410TX device timeout.

Do your initial install with no pcmcia controller support and the card
not inserted.
Once your system is up and running do the following:

1) Apply the patch found at this location:
	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~iedowse/FreeBSD/ed_patch_new
2) Build custom kernel with ed and miibus support.
3) In /boot/kernel.conf put something along the following lines:
	irq pcic 9
Or some other free IRQ on your laptop 9 works for me.. :)

Once you do this, your card should work.. but you will still get some
occassional ed timeouts..

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else.

-T