Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:26:24 -0600
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Certbot crashes after update of python installed

On 2/22/21 1:20 AM, Evilham wrote:

> It now requires version 3.2 or newer of the python cryptography package
> but the version in the ports and packages is only 2.9.2.

The best way around this is to install the 'pew' Python virtual environment
manager and create a Python 3 virtualenv into which you install certbot.

As a general practice, I avoid using system Python on any system under my
control.  I also do not pip install much for the system instance of the language.
Pew/Virtualenvs give me a clean way to manage all that without soiling the base
installation with odd additions and updates.
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com