Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 22:30:16 -0800
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>, gnome@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Nautilus 1.05 Regression--core dumping at startup on -STABLE

On 2001.10.30 10:10 Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
> >
> > Nautilus 1.04 started up fine and ran most fine.
> >
> > However, Nautilus 1.05 produces the following history on startup:
> >
> > Message: Successfully registered
> > 'OAFIID:nautilus_factory:bd1e1862-92d7-4391-963e-37583f0daef3'
> > Message: Successfully registered 'OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_std_Factory'
> >
> > GnomeVFS-CRITICAL **: file gnome-vfs-utils.c: line 668
> > (gnome_vfs_get_uri_from_local_path): assertion `local_path[0] ==
> '/''
> > failed.
> >
> > ** CRITICAL **: file nautilus-link-desktop-file.c: line 134
> > (nautilus_link_desktop_file_local_create): assertion `target_uri !=
> > NULL' failed.
> > Fatal error 'Thread has returned from sigreturn or longjmp' at line
> 7
> > in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = ?)
> > (Abort trap (core dumped)
> >
> > I have all the lastest stuff on -STABLE installed (ORBit is _5,
> etc.)
>
> Try to start it several times in a row.
>
> -Maxim

Tried your suggestion.  It gives substantially the same error messages
each and every time (except for the usual difference in serial numbers
for the ORBit/oaf stuff).

Actually, although the core is named nautilus.core, it appears that
several "threads" of nautilus are still running.

It appears that only the thread related to reading/displaying the file
system and updating/displaying the desktop are affected--everything
else seems to be running--except I can't get to any of it because I
have no UI to the surviving parts.

--
jmc                                 MacroHard --
                                        the perfection of form over

Public Key:  http://www.borgsdemons.com/Personal/pgpkey.asc