Date:      Sat, 10 May 1997 05:19:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@denver.net>
To:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smtp server?

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:

> Is there an easy way to restrict users outside our netmask from being able
> to use our SMTP server? They way it is now, _anyone_ can set their SMTP
> server to us, and there is nothing we can do about it. Is there a way
> around this?
>
> thanks.

http://spam.abuse.net/spam
http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/check.html#check_rcpt

Be prepared to deal with a lot of users who have multiple dialup accounts
and/or access the net from work via a different provider ;(
 --

John-David Childs (JC612)       http://www.denver.net
System Administrator            jdc@denver.net