Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:02:26 +0200
From:      "Marco Berizzi" <pupilla@hotmail.com>
To:        hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: block device vs char device

thanks for the patience.
I have read the man pages you have pointed me
before writing to the list but they don't
explain clearly the difference (at least for me).
Idem the handbook. Sometimes it reports you should
use cd0c (possibly) and some examples (take a look
at the SAP installation section) reports cd0a.

Currently for me it is not clear why should I use
cd0c and not cd0a to mount a cdrom (or viceversa).
Both device are working well for me (this make me angry!!!).
I would like to know which is the difference between the
two nodes (the minors are different).