Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 00:49:25 +0000
From:      Dominic Marks <dom@wirespeed.org.uk>
To:        "John Maclean" <clapham.99@tiscali.co.uk>, <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:

On Tuesday 06 Jan 2004 12:32 am, John Maclean wrote:
> Sirs,
>
> I have read our site http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/index.html as
> I am interested in learning C on a UNIX type platform. Could you
> tell me please if  FreeBsd would run on a Athlon Xp based laptop?

It will almost certainly run like a dream. Congratulations on your
excellent choice of learning environment :-)

NB: The freebsd-questions list would have been more appropriate, but I
can see why you picked out freebsd-arch, I reccomend consulting the
FreeBSD Handbook for a run down of how to install FreeBSD and
descriptions of the purposes of the various mailing lists. You can
access this at http://www.uk.freebsd.org/handbook/. Enjoy.