Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 00:44:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com, unknown@riverstyx.net, gsutter@pobox.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, de-bsd-chat@DE.FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 SMP outperforms SuSE 6.0 SMP by factor 2.3 !!!

> > Well, exactly that was the result. Try it yourself.
>
> If I got the same results, it might only indicate that I didn't have
> the Linux know-how to do better.  I'd be afraid to publish my results
> as a categorical statement: I'd rather ask the Linux people "What am I
> doing wrong here?".

One amusing way for this to play out would be to have the correct
results in hand, and ask the question "What am I doing wrong here?"
anyway.

At the very least, it will result in some consternation, and some
Linux SMP boxes will find themselves running FreeBSD for some
testing... if not longer.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---