Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:22:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      SHAHRAM@webtv.net
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   giflib-4.1.0

Hello,

I'm trying to install this application on my HOME directrory. I did
download and unpack the package on the server.

gunzip ......tgz
tar -xvf ......tar

But I'm getting this error when trying to run giflib.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libgif.so.5" not found

The package is placed on :
/home/userName/public_html/directory/
( Apache 1.2.6 FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE #4: )

In perl we have : use lib 'directory'; to ran modules that are not
install on the server off home directory.

Is there any thing I can do to get this application working. ( file
"libgif.so.5" did come with the package )

Tank you for your time.