Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:36:57 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Nautilus 2 crashing on -CURRENT [FIXED]

>The ABI breakage introduced by the virgin import of gcc-3.2.1 into the
>tree has just been fixed.  Therefore, everything should be good in
>-CURRENT as well as RELENG_5_0.  Make sure to rebuild libc with the
>corrected version of gcc.

Well, I updated the source by CVSup (-CURRENT) and the problem is still
exist. I did the buildworld/installworld/kernel, then update ports and
update gnome2 from your CVS. After that, I let portupgrade to take care of
everything. I tried Nautilus 2.1.5 and crashed at the same thing.

sysinfo# uname -a
FreeBSD sysinfo.mezzweb.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Dec 23
05:52:57 CST 2002
mezz@sysinfo.mezzweb.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/BSDROCKS  i386

sysinfo# cat /usr/src/lib/libc/i386/stdlib/div.S
<snip>
#include <machine/asm.h>
__FBSDID("$FreeBSD: src/lib/libc/i386/stdlib/div.S,v 1.10 2002/12/22
06:41:09 kan Exp $");

ENTRY(div)
        movl    4(%esp),%eax
        movl    8(%esp),%ecx
        cdq
        idiv    %ecx
        movl    %eax,4(%esp)
        movl    %edx,8(%esp)
        ret

I can see, div.S has been committed yesterday. I tried went to
/usr/src/lib/libc and did the make clean ; make all install. The problem is
still exist by crashed when Nautilus2 try to view the image. Move from div.S
to div.S.bak and delete a line from Makefile.inc seems is the better
solution at this moment.

Do you have any of suggest what I should do beside delete div.S?

Cheers,
Mezz