Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 1995 10:21:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>, doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernelconfig.sgml FINALLY FINISHED!

On Sun, 8 Oct 1995, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> I think it's a good strategy, to comment out filesystems, which
> can be loaded dynamically. It saves possibly much kernel memory.

A good strategy, but should be accompanied with a note that any file
systems mounted on /etc/fstab that are NOT in the kernel, must be mounted
towards the end.  I spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out why
the loadable filesystems didn't load until I moved them to the end of my
fstab.  Either (or both?) / and /usr must be mounted first, I never got
as far as figuring out the minimum.

-john

== http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ============