Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:21:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, joelh@gnu.org, obrien@NUXI.com, dfr@nlsystems.com, jb@cimlogic.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiler problems with gcc-2.7.2.1

> Wrong:  dh->top_elt is NOT the same as top_elt.  The thread patches create
> a per-thread dhc headed by the dh struct, and thus have a per-thread top_elt
> which is referenced as dh->top_elt, NOT top_elt.  The global top_elt
> is NOT used in a threaded program.

Ok, now I'm confused.

Why should it be, except for the initial thread in the case that
other threads have not been started?

I.e., in what way does it differ from errno references?

You can't want all threads to attempt to close all descriptors on
exit (for example)...

Perhaps I'm not seeing this problem because I'm trapping all of my
exceptions?

I know that my own "terminate()" won't be called, but I think that
it's because it's not "weak" in libgcc.a...

As I said before, I don't see this.

But then, I'm running the code on 2.2.6, without the patches that
take the threads implementation away from pure Draft 4...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.