Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 03:28:09 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Philippe Charnier <charnier@xp11.frmug.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: incorrect output in pstat -s

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Philippe Charnier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Running pstat -s, I get:
>
> Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
> /dev/rda0s2b    131808        0   131808     0%    Interleaved
> /dev/rda1s1b     66432        0    66432     0%    Interleaved
> /dev/rda2s1b     32640        0    32640     0%    Interleaved
> /dev/rda3s1b     32640        0    32640     0%    Interleaved
> Total          263520        0   263520     0%
>
> Which I corrected with the following changes. Printing /dev/da... instead
> of /dev/rda... is maybe a better fix?

Printing the 'r's is a temporary bug (*).  The extra column that you added
is required anyway for printing 2-digit unit numbers in "/dev/rda10s1b".
One more column is required for printing 3-digit unit numbers in
"/dev/rda100s1b".  We support unit numbers up to 511, except for bugs like
this.  Several more columns are required for printing verbose driver names
like "amrd".

(*) If you have a current -current with /dev/da0s2b being a character
device with the same device number as /dev/rda0s2b, then dev_mkdb(8)
won't be able to create a one to one mapping between disk numbers and
disk names.  If /dev/da0s2b is still a block device, then there are
more confusing aliasing problems due to the kernel translating the
device numbers of bdevs without translating the corresponding names.

Bruce