Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 22:56:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>, Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>, Greg Work <Greg@fatcanary.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6-2 / 550

> >> It's got to be flaky hardware somewhwere, Larry.  I'm running an AMD
> >> K6-2/500 here on a Soyo Super 7 motherboard with a single 128M stick
> >> of SDRAM.  I just finished a make world today (1hr 20m total time) and
> >> it never gave me so much as a hiccup.  I usually make world once a
> >> week around this time and it has never failed on this configuration.
> >
> > Fine.  I suspect something in the Shuttle board/Bios Combo, then.
> >
> > As I said, I couldn't get 2 different Shuttle Boards, and a couple
> > of instances of each, to make it work.
> >
> > I just didn't have the time to devote to finding a solution
> > that WORKED.
> >
> > I *DID* post, and HOPED for a response like this one over the last
> > month or so.  Today is the first dialog I've had off the list
> > with answers.
>
> Unfortunately, that's the way things work here.  You would probably
> have been better off with the FreeBSD-questions list; the topic has
> nothing to do with -STABLE, and there are fewer subscribers.  Also,
> note that people don't always have time to read the lists.  I've just
> got back from 3 weeks of travel, for example.
I thought (since this all worked on the old P-90 board), that -STABLE
MIGHT have been broken, so this is where I posted.

I understand about people and time, but don't accuse me of not TRYING
to get help.

Larry

Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org