Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:45:48 -0400
From:      "Gene Bomgardner" <Gene@Bomgardner.net>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   buildworld problem woithout the -j4

OK. The problem becomes clearer without the threads. I see what
caused buildworld to terminate but I'm not sure what to do about it.
Make stops on an error when it tries to delete a directory using rm.

Output (last several lines) follows: Again, any help is appreciated.

===> gnu/usr.bin/sort
rm -f sort sort.o error.o version.o long-options.o
getopt.o getopt1.o xstrtod.o sort.1.gz
sort.1.cat.gz
rm -f .depend /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/GPATH
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/GRTAGS
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/GSYMS
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/GTAGS
===> gnu/usr.bin/tar
rm -f tar buffer.o create.o diffarch.o extract.o
getdate.o getoldopt.o getopt.o getopt1.o gnu.o
list.o mangle.o names.o port.o prepend_args.o
rtapelib.o tar.o update.o version.o tar.1.gz
tar.1.cat.gz getdate.c
rm: tar: is a directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/tar.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/gnu.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

God's Blessings,
Gene

To everything there is a season, and a time to every
purpose under heaven.    Ecl 3:1 -
and more recently, The Byrds