Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:03:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   support for 3Com 3C575 network controller?

Is anyone out there successfully using a 3Com 3C375 network
controller in there laptop?  I got a new Dell Inspiron 7000
that came with one of these jewels and I haven't been able
to find the trick to make it work.

Here are some specifics.  If you need more info please let me
know.

- The model number of the card is 3CCFE575BT-D.
- I'm running 4.0-CURRENT up-to-date as of this morning.
- 'pccardc rdattr 0 0 10000' returns nothing but 0xFF.
- 'pccardc dumpcis' doesn't show any info for the card.
- The card is in slot0.
- I have a Viking 56K modem in slot1 which I'm using right
  now to type this message.  I had to add an entry to
  /etc/pccard.conf to get it to work.  I'm assuming since
  the modem works I've at least got things setup correctly
  for pccardd.
- When I fire up pccardd it complains about not having an
  entry for ""(""), which I assume is related to the fact
  that dumpcis and rdattr don't return anything meaningful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Steve