Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jakob Borg" <jakob@borg.pp.se>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/34758: Irrelevant comment in killall(1) manpage

The following reply was made to PR docs/34758; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Jakob Borg" <jakob@borg.pp.se>
To: swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen), rantapaa@uswest.net
Cc: Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
	Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:40:21 +0100

 On Monday 11 February 2002 18.38, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
 > From pkg-comment:
 >     A port of the Linux pstree, killall and pidof commands
 >
 > It seems wrong to ask the Linux people to make the Linux "killall" man
 > page to not mention "Linux" (or "non-Linux" in this case).  I suppose
 > it makes some sense, so others will disagree, but if you're going to ask
 > them to change, please be extraordinarily polite.

 I wouldn't presume to suggest that that manpage be changed - my entire
 problem report was dependant on it being a FreeBSD manpage, which it isn't.
 I think the report has the status 'closed' now, and it would be best to
 leave it there.

 --
 Jakob Borg  |  jakob@borg.pp.se  |  +46 (0)46 397692
 Kämnärsv. 3a214 / SE-226 46 Lund / Sweden