Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:14:05 -0400
From:      Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Advice Needed - Unix System Admin

I am writing this because, I am currently a Sr. Service Technician for
Micro Warehouse Canada Ltd. (Mac Warehouse, InMac,  Notebook Store),
looking to make the move over to the Unix System Admin. side. I plan to
start with UNIX, and also get certified for Windows NT.

I know this doesn't happen over nigh, and it takes a long time. I hope you
can assist me, I have but a few questions to ask you:

1)  Can you recommend any UNIX training centers that are recognized by the
industry ?
( I am currently enrolled in a UNIX System Admin. course at a local College
- Centennial College )

2)  Do you think on is better off learning the UNIX tools (i.e. shell
scripts, pearl, performance tuning, etc.)  than a vendor specific UNIX ?

I also welcome any and all advice you can give me,

Thank You very much in advance.
Paul Griffith - paulg@interlog.com