Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:20:06 +0100
From:      Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alert! cvsup problem is not solved still

Hi,

Ariel Burbaickij wrote :

> Well I have surely enjoyed this very vivd discussion about client to use
> but would rather be pleasured if this amount of energy could be spent on
> solving cvsup problem.Printing here or there cvsup is basic update
> mechanism.
> So once more
> Tried:cvsup ports-supfile
> Got :Cannot get IP adress of my own host -- is its hostname correct?
First of all, I'm reading this list for six months now and i think i've
never seen such a lack of education. Don't forget that everybody here
spends personal time to answer questions, this is not a commercial
hotline. I'm surprised that anybody still takes time to answer your
questions.

I think that the problem is that cvsup complains only in X mode and not
in shell mode. I have this problem but it doesn't bother me too much so
i haven't searched in the archives at this time.

> *my ISP uses dynamic adresses  and i could use ftp ssh irc and netscape so
> far
> Question:What is to do?
RTFM, Search the F.. archive, and if no applicable answer is found then
post on this list following the advices found in
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html. Last advice, "Be Polite".

Regards,

Eric
--
Any opinions expressed above  | Murphy's Law Corollary :
are my own, not Kisoft's      | Murphy was an optimist.