Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:56:35 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
To:        mm@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, sm@kill-9.net
Subject:   Re: bin/121366: [zfs] [patch] Automatic disk scrubbing from periodic(8)

On 11.10.2011 09:26, mm@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Synopsis: [zfs] [patch] Automatic disk scrubbing from periodic(8)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: mm
> State-Changed-When: Tue Oct 11 07:26:43 UTC 2011
> State-Changed-Why:
> Implemented in r209195 by netchild@ (/etc/periodic/daily/800.scrub-zfs)

There is no mention of

daily_scrub_zfs_enable
daily_scrub_zfs_pools
daily_scrub_zfs_default_threshold
daily_scrub_zfs_${poolname}_threshold

in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf, which we use to define configuration
options for all periodic scripts.

The attached patch adds the missing entries. I'm not sure about the
commented out line for "daily_scrub_zfs_${poolname}_threshold", but
there is precedent (in the "amd" section) and I think many users will
grep for scrub_zfs in that file instead of looking into the man-page for
periodic.conf.

If the defaults in the patch are considered OK (they just state the
defaults set in the script), I'd like to commit them to head and MFC
within a week.

Regards, STefan

(Please include my address in replies, since I'm not in freebsd-fs@).

PS: The following unrelated variables have no defaults defined:

    daily_backup_distfile_enable
    daily_backup_pkgdb_dbdir
    daily_distfile_enable

    I have not yet looked up their defaults, but I think they should
    also be defined in defaults/periodic.conf ...