Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 12:08:08 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Rolandas Naujikas <rolnas@takas.lt>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to manage multiple ports more efficiently ?

Rolandas Naujikas wrote:

> All that you say is OK, but when I try to run make fetch, I assume, that no
> files, except distfiles, are created.

What is the target "prefetch" for, if I may ask that?
I know that the solution with Makefile.inc is not the best, but can we talk
with the portmanagers after the 4.6 release is frozen?
Other: If you use a batch, tell it!

David and me had spoken about a make menu2makeconf target :-), but it's not
got ready, so let us think about it a few weeks and maybe you're more happy
after it.

> The idea of menus make ports system more complex to manage. For newbie
> possible is better to use binary packages. For professional administrator
> that is easier to read Makefile, and put options on script file.

You can always set BATCH=yes and SAMBA_OPTIONS=xxx / WITH[OUT]_* and it will
work fine in most situations.

Jens