Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2006 22:17:40 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: 3 years and going strong!

On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 17:48 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 09:35:22AM +1000, Peter Sandilands wrote:
> >
> > 	Thanks, you guys.  I don't have anything against > 866, etc.
> > 	I just figured that anything over a GHz *had* to have been
> > 	"upgraded" to the std scratch-pad.  If not, then wow!
>
> Gary,
>
> As far as i know, all ThinkPads still use the TrackPoint(tm). IBM invented it
> and it is quite popular. Seems to be a binary function. You love it or you
> hate it. I have not met anyone who was in the "don't care" category.
>
> My fairly shiny new T43 has one as does a co-worker's new T60. I don't know
> about the new, low-cost 3000 series, but I believe that all other ThinkPads
> have a track point as do many Dell and HP systems. Probably other brands, too.
>
> Oddly, the scratch-pad must be disabled to enable the middle button. This has
> never made sense to me, but it seems that is the way it is.

And then there is X60 which has "eraser", three buttons and no touchpad
to disable, and you get 6-7 hours of battery life out of <5 lbs.
machine.

But non-ThinkPad branded Lenovo machines (AKA C-series, N-series and
V-series) seemed to lose stick and have touchpad only -- beware.

--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)