Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:48:33 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@telehouse.ch>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Green/Yellow/Red state for the VM system.

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:15:39AM +0100, Andre Oppermann wrote:

> I don't think this is necessary at all after Matt's and Paul's code
> being commited. Why? Because the box would not wedge solid or panic
> anymore.

I stopped reading here because you obviously didn't read phk's entire
post and the reasons behind it.

The idea is more general purpose for the system, not for some specific
problem. I've been a long fan of the proposal (from when phk hinted at
it before), and I'd be one of the first to go implement the appropriate
actions for yellow/red in netinet/* as I found time to do so.

--
Bill Fumerola - Lame Duck, BOFH     / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org