Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@igpp.llnl.gov>
To:        SteveFriedrich@hot-shot.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86

On 26 Aug, Steve Friedrich wrote:
> Specifically, do you know how to run the Xserver with -probeonly  and redirect the output to a file, so you can post it here

When I run xf86config it attempts to run -probeonly and doesn't get
anywhere.

"Running X -probeonly -pn -xf86Config /tmp/XF86Config.tmp.
X -probeonly call failed.
No Clocks line inserted."

> If you post the monitor's vertical and horizontal specs and the output of -probeonly, I may be able to help.

Unfortunately, I don't know the vertical and horizontal specs... but I
just chose ones that were fairly low, that I was sure that it could
support until I can dig up the actual specs.  Is this a problem?

> You can get a demo of the xinside product at www.xinside.com/support/demo.html
> The laptop product cost $200.

Thanks.  I'm checking it out.

-David Syphers