Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:36:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl
Subject:   4.2RC1 test results on UP1000

4.2RC1 Installs just fine on a UP1000.  X even works with an
off-the-cuff config that I spit out when on the phone w/a
salescritter.

The truely shocking thing is that I installed on a disk
that was still warm after being retired from our Tru64 fileserver this
afternoon.  Yes, that's right, it had a Tru64 disklabel on it.
I didn't get the "going nowhere with my init" panic that I was half
expecting.   This might have something to do with the fact that all
the paritions were marked as unused..  And that it had ADVFS on it,
prior to being retired, never UFS..

At any rate, the UP1000 gets a thumbs up.

Drew