Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:48:57 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl>
To:        Jason T Hardy <jthardy@uta.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEC 3000/300LX

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 05:19:11PM -0500, Jason T Hardy wrote:
> Alpha gurus,
>
> My department has retired a DEC 3000/300LX and I have been fortunate(?)
> enough to inherit it. I quickly grabbed the ISO of FreeBSD/alpha and burned
> myself an install CD. The hardware guide tells me that I can only run
> FreeBSD in diskless mode because code for the SCSI controller was not
> available. Is there any hope that a future release will support this
> hardware? I'd like to help the effort to port FreeBSD/alpha in any way I
> can. Please let me know.

It has been under discussion between some of the SCSI folks for a couple of
months. But in the meantime more interesting work has taking precedence so
it is unlikely the TC machines will see a working SCSI implementation.

Unless you are willing to create it yourself.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 	http://www.freebsd.org  "Do, or do not. There is no try"
wilko@freebsd.org	http://www.nlfug.nl	Yoda - The Empire Strikes Back