Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 12:43:14 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BIOS calls

  I'm about to add support to -current for calling real-mode BIOS
functions from the kernel.  The first use of this will be to get
the correct memory size from INT 15:E820/E801/88 calls.

  Most changes are bracketed by #ifdef VM86 calls, so there should
almost no differences if this is not defined.  However, I would like
to see the VM86 option disappear, or at least become mandatory, so
please test these out.

  This will be followed shortly by the ability to use 16-bit protected-mode
calls, and the conversion of APM to use the new interface.
--
Jonathan