Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 07:45:50 -0600
From:      Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why run FreeBSD on a laptop?

I use it to demonstrate FreeBSD-based websites. I run Apache, MySQL and
our custom Apache C API code and show potential clients what we do with
Netscape on the same machine. It's not as quick as my SCSI-disk
machines, but it works pretty well, ATC. Since our code uses lots of
processes and sockets and shared memory, it's essential to use BSD. Now
that I have Applixware for wysiwyg word processing and MS Wierd file
import, why would I need anything else? Gee, it's even virus-proof...
--
Donald Wilde                        "Linking Minds and Micros"