Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 19:57:54 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what's the best HTML server?

Gary Kline wrote:

>         Fellow FBSDers,
>
>         There are HTML tools at the University of Chicago
>         ARFTL that I'd like to install on one or both of
>         my home FBSD platforms.  To serve only myself with
>         lynx or netscape.
>
>         What's the simplest server that will let me play
>         with cgi-bin and so forth?

Hey, Gary, how's tricks?

There's nothing obese about Apache; I run the server on the same machine
as X, Postgres et al and it works fine on an old Pentium 150. In the new
1.3.6 they've consolidated all the setups into one file and it does
install and configure itself in a default configuration directly from
the Ports 'make install'. There's no reason to restrict yourself to
anything less.
--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media