Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:29:34 +0300
From:      Dan Petruc <dan@petar.ro>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help connecting Win98 to FreeBsd box with leased line

Is anyone who was succesful in   connecting Win98 to FreeBsd box with a
leased line ?

I managed to connect some Freebsd boxes to a FreeBsd server with some
leased lines. I am using user PPP.

Using ATS6=255 in modem initialization string  I can force
DialupNetworking to connect the modems without sensing the tone.  But it
seems I can't  do the right settings of PPP, because the conection
failed with a error message like : Error 650 : "The computer you are
dialing in to does not respond to a network request".

Dan.