Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:28:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Dirk Kleinhesselink <dkleinh@phy.ucsf.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha/17642: FreeBSD/alpha 4.0 RELEASE installation fails with cant find init

Dirk, uh, was this the board I borrowed from you? It certainly did work for me
when I did the isp_mem_map=0xff and it saw disks and I booted what was very
close to the FreeBSD-4.0 kernel. No- I didn't boot the INSTALL kernel- it
wasn't readily available to me at the time.

I have the same basic system. Dirk- I'll clone you a disk to get you going if
you like- I'm really not quite sure what the problem here is.

(I also offered you