Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:08:41 -0500
From:      "Eric Crist" <ecrist@secure-computing.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BandwidthD syntax error?

Hey all,

I just installed bandwidthd, and I get the following error when I try to
run it from it's home directory:

Monitoring subnet 63.228.14.240 with netmask 255.255.255.248
grog# Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40

That's where it crashes.  If I try running it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d
with the following command, I get the following error:

grog# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bandwidthd.sh start
Monitoring subnet 63.228.14.240 with netmask 255.255.255.248
 bandwidthdgrog# Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Opening dc0
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40
Syntax Error "parse error" on line 40

Now, this is the config file that is shipped with bandwidthd, with the
only change being my personal IP information.  The other funny part:
line 40 doesn't exist.  The last line in the document is 39.

Thanks for your help.

Found on Conan O'Brian:
Children's books written by celebrities;
   By Mel Gibson: Jesus Christ and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very
Bad Day.

-----
Keep your powder dry and your pecker hard and the world WILL turn.

-----
Eric F Crist