Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 22:18:37 +0100
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Centrino Laptop (Acer 800Cli) and 5.1

----- Original Message -----
From: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To: <dmlb@dmlb.org>
Cc: <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>; <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 12:44 AM

> In message: <000601c31e56$97d16890$4bc8a8c0@orac>
>             "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org> writes:
> : Well, I've got 5.1-BETA booting and building kernels! The culprit...
> : cardbus. I'll get you a dmesg output from succesful and un-succesful
boots.
> : The laptop is standard apart from there being a fixed Smart card reader
> : instead of two slots.
>
> OK.  Next group of debugging:
>
> 1) PCIBIOS or ACPI to route pci interrupts?

In both cases the machine hangs.

> 2) One slot or two (it wasn't clear to me)

One physical slot I can plug a Type II card into. The second "slot" is
already used by an inbuilt Smart Card reader.

> 3) Same interrupt for both slots, or different interrupts?

Need to look.

> 4) What is the bridge chipset for cardbus?

Three devices that exist in the PCI space (bus:device:function)
    2:6:0    vendor 0x1217, device 0x7114
    2:6:1    vendor 0x1217, device 0x7114
    2:6:2    vendor 0x1217, device 0x7110

According to SiSoft's Sandra, these are O2Micro OZ711Mx cardbus controllers.