Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 1996 09:59:36 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        gpalmer@freebsd.org (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl port

> Bradley Dunn wrote in message ID
> <199607010352.XAA18304@ns2.harborcom.net>:
> > Shouldn't the perl port be upgraded to 5.003? This has the setuid
> > fixes.
>
> Our perl 5.002 port has had setuid fixes in it for about a month (it
> was a member of the FreeBSD team that brought the problem to the
> attention of relevant parties ages ago). From the log:

Could someone from core notify CERT of this then? The advisory at

    ftp://info.cert.org/pub/cert_advisories/CA-96.12.suidperl_vul

doesn't even mention FreeBSD (and it does mention Linux!).

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                   Blueberry Design                   ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/      1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk        London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[ I'm a 'control' freak.                 But I quite like 'meta' too. ]ENTP