Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 13:09:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiple Class Cs on one network

We have a network that contains several large virtual web hosting
systems, as well as our workstations.  We are fortunate to have grown to
the point that we've used up our class C network and need to add another.
However, I'm confused as to how it will be routed.

What I want to do is add a couple more machines that will use the new
class C addresses and hang everyone off the same hub.  However, these
machines would have to communicate with the machines on the old address
block.  How to I tell the FreeBSD boxes that particular networks should
be looked for directly on the local net, rather than being handed off to
the T1 router?  I would think that the router (Cisco 2501) could be
configured to bounce the packet back onto the network.  But I don't think
it would be a good idea to run all inter-network trafffic through the router.

I'm thinking that I'm looking at a static route, but I can't puzzle out
what the route syntax should be.

Basicly, I'm at a loss here and would appreciate a pointer in the right
direction.  If I need to build a box specifically to sit in the middle
and act as a router, I will, but I would rather not.

Thanks,

Cliff