Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:52:22 -0400
From:      Scott Sipe <cscotts@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server hardware

Hello,

I'm getting ready to buy a new server system (running FreeBSD of course) for
a small business. I have always before bought off-the-shelf parts and built
my own, but am thinking of getting a packaged system this time. I want
something fairly horsey. Xeon(s), 8-16gb ram, several terabytes storage,
etc. The system will run at least one VM (virtualbox) at all times, and I've
been thinking about using an SSD for the system drive and database storage,
and a RAID for the rest.

My question -- are any server vendors well recommended for FreeBSD? I've
looked at some seemingly decently priced Dells/HPs, but would appreciate any
advice. Seems there are at times some hardware issues with some Dell
controllers.

Thanks,
Scott