Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 13:42:29 -0500
From:      Robert Withrow <bwithrow@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410 pccard ethernet?

guy@obstruction.com said:
:- Outgoing ping, telnet, ssh, http, all work, but incoming does not.
:- When I try a different pccard ethernet (an NE4100, which also uses the
:- "ed" driver), everything works fine, so the problem seems to be with
:- the card.

I don't think so.  I've had lots of problems with the pccard system
in the past (I havn't tried it with anything newer than 2.2.8PAO though
so maybe things got better) that weren't the fault of the cards, primarily
in IO addresses and Interrupt stuff.

Anyway, I have this card running with 2.2.8 PAO.  I remember I had to play
with some options in the pccard.conf file because things wouldn't work
without them.  But that was so long ago I don't remember anymore what the
exact problem was or if that was even what the issue was....  Sorry.

# Generally available IO ports
io	0x240-0x2e0 0x300-0x360
# Generally available IRQs (DEPRECATED, USE OF THE OPTION IS DISCOURAGED)
irq	10 11
# Available memory slots
memory	0xd4000	96k

Other than that, the entry for the card is pretty basic.

# BayNetworks NETGEAR FA410TXC Fast Ethernet
card "NETGEAR" "FA410TX" "Fast Ethernet"
	config  default "ed0" any
	insert  echo NETGEAR FA410TX inserted
	insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
	remove  echo NETGEAR FA410TX removed
	remove  /etc/pccard_ether_remove $device

When the card attaches it is called a Linksys and it runs with the ed driver,
and gives me good performance on a 100Tx network.

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 288 8256)
BWithrow@BayNetworks.com