Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:04:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      bryan@freebsd.lunch.org
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   neomagic 256av audio

is anyone else working on adding audio support for
the neomagic 256av chipset yet?

there is (apparently stable) support for it for the
linux kernel now -- http://www.uglx.org/sony.html --
i'm guessing this will be the best place to start.

this is all very new to me.. but i have lots of time
and a definite need to listen to mp3s on my laptop...
so if i can get a foothold, i'll try to get it done.

i've read luigi's paper on the new audio driver
(http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/sound.html)
any other recommendations to help me get up to speed?

thanks.

                        ...bryan