Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 19:22:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Adding a PCMCIA modem to pccard.conf (fwd)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> I have a Lucent Venus 56k pcmcia modem.  I have been attempting to get it
> working under FreeBSD 3.1R.  I have added an entry to /etc/pccard.conf and
> found the correct "config index" (i think) using "pccardc dumpcis".   After
> resolving all the resource allocation errors I believe i was able to get the
> driver allocated.

You are welcome to try my config:

card "LUCENT-VENUS" "PCMCIA 56K DataFax"
        config 0x27 "sio2" 10
        reset 1000
        insert  logger -s Lucent-Venus Modem inserted
        remove  logger -s Lucent-Venus Modem removed

I found that the 'reset 1000' stopped the system from locking up when you
try to access the serial device.  Also, change sio2 and irq 10 to whatever
your system is configured for.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.