Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 13:51:30 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        <jwynacht@switchlight2239.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Windows 98

Make sure you use look at Freebsd w/ PAO, it provides pcmia support, and
advanced power management for laptops. You can get more info at
www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO. Depending on the laptop model you'll have to enter
the bios/setup utility and tell the machine to boot of the floppy/cdrom/HD
order...

Later

At 09:51 AM 9/5/99 -0700, Jon Wynacht wrote:
>I want to install FreeBSD on my Win98 laptop. I have plenty of speed and
>memory but I was wondering if you all had tips or insights on this?
>Specifically:
>
>1. I was told I could boot the CD on startup but haven't been able to do
>that. Any ideas?
>
>2. Do I have to use Partition Magic or some other utility to create a new
>partition?
>
>That's about it for now; just surveying the landscape.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jon

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912				www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!
Pager # 7732511967@mobile.att.net