Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:16:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can no longer ssh

As I keep working on this issue, I keep inching forward. The ssh login
'su' garbage below was my mistake. In setting up the LAN I changed the
name of my gateway. That is now fixed.

I verfied ssh was working by removing all the firewall rules with

# ipfw -f flush

Reading some of the postings on mailing list suggestd that divert should
come after the firewall rules.

My rules started out with

00100 0   0 divert 8668 ip from any to any via vx0
00150 0   0 allow ip from any to any via lo0

If I remove 100

then ssh works, but of course I have killed my lan. I tried moving divert
toward the end, but have not been sucessfull.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks much.

Jim Freeze
jim@freeze.org