Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:14:02 +0100
From:      Groner Marcel <Marcel.Groner@Unisys-Bern.ch>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   relocatiable objects

Hello!

I downloaded JRun2.2 for Unix and Winnt. I installed both
on my systems (On WinNT 4.0 and Linux 2.x) and it works
perfect.

Now I wanted to use my servlets on our webserver. Its a virtual
server running the following:

Configuration:
--------------
- Os: BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 Virtual Kernel #14
- Webserver: Apache 1.2.6

The problem is that its not allowed to compile apache or install
a new apache webserver on our virtual server.
The only possibility to include external apache modules is the
following:

(I got that description from our virtual server provider)
How to compile:
---------------
To create an Apache module, compile it normally but using the "shlicc2"
compiler but link it using the "-r" flag.
This will create a relocatiable object.  Put the mod_xxx.so in your
~/www/modules directory.  Add the "LoadModule ..." to your httpd.conf.
Example:
  LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so

Is there any way to use JRun with relocatiable objects an LoadModule in
the httpd.conf? If yes, does anyone knows how to compile jrun a relocatiable
object?

Marcel