Date:      16 Jul 2002 12:17:15 +0400
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Kirill Bezzubets <kirill@solaris.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6210 + birda + gnokii

=F7 Mon, 15.07.2002, =D7 18:16, Kirill Bezzubets =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:=20

> > Infrared more or less works with my old 6150
>=20
> Surely it does, because 61xx use propietary Nokia protocol, not IrDA-base=
d.
Yes, I know, I have tried to dig into this protocol for 81xx and 61xx=20

> > But I can't find any code to work with 6210 via IrDA
>=20
> Hmmm... It's the same as with 7110, but IrDA in gnokii based on Linux PHO=
NET
> device, which is, as I see, kernel driver. Unfortunately, there's nothing
> like this in FreeBSD.
There are birda port, which is (IMHO) more or less similar to Linux
kernel driver.=20

> btw, does anyone know what the plans to include IrDA support in=20
> FreeBSD kernel? Any chance to have it in 5.0?
I have two links:=20

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bsdirda/
- seems dead=20

And netgraph-based IrDA stack implementation:=20
http://people.freebsd.org/~benno/irda.tar.gz
When I try this last time it was unfinished too.=20
=20
> And, if you interested in better support of 6210 - try mygnokii - it's=20
> another branch of gnokii, source tarballs are placed at ftp.gnokii.com.
I know, 10x=20
=20
> > Somewhere in inet I have seen metion of extended AT* commands to contro=
> > Nokia phones, but have not tried this.
>=20
> Actually, my 6210 have 5.27 firmware, which is buggy - I cannot read
> phonebook via AT-commands. ;(
Really I am not sure that it is possible to switch IrDA mode (AT*
commands) into plain Infrared protocol (like 61xx) or like, it is does
via Serial (two protocols: AT* at 19200 and gnokii* at 9600)