Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:20:57 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA CDROM Install

On Tuesday, 30 November 1999 at  7:09:58 -0500, Bill A. K. wrote:
> Hello,
>      I've got a small problem here that I can't seem to be able to figure
> out.
> I want to install FreeBSD 3.2 on my laptop, but when I boot the setup disk,
> it doesn't seem to detect my PCMCIA CDROM drive. (BTW The drive worked in
> Windows and it works in the RedHat Linux 5.0 I loaded to hold me over)
>
> It's just a standard IDE thing, so maybe you can help me?

No, it's PCMCIA, not IDE.

> Is there a special install floppy like redhat has? I've looked at
> the handbook and everything.

No, I think you're out of luck on this one.  I don't think the install
CD supports PCMCIA at all.  If you have a Microsoft partition on the
machine, you might be able to put the base system on it, then load it
from there, and finally bring up the system with PCMCIA support and
load the rest directly from CD.  Not a job I'd look forward to.

Greg