Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:13:11 -0700
From:      "Juan Kuuse" <archiver@db.geocrawler.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld fails

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Juan Kuuse" <kuuse@quik.guate.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:09:28 CST, Juan Kuuse wrote:
>
> > Today I updated the source tree, on this 3.0-RELEASE box, and I did the
> > same on a 3.1-RELEASE box.
>
> What sources are you fetching? RELENG_3?

Yes, RELENG_3.
Extracts from my cvsup config file (the standard stable-supfile):
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup1.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
# The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
# "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix
# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress
## Main Source Tree.
#
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections,
# except the export-restricted collections.
src-all

> I'm not really sure what the
> problem is. Are you using NOCLEAN perhaps?

No. I just follow the instructions in "Making the world your own" tutorial (by Nik Clayton).
When I come to the point "Check your /etc/make.conf file", I just
* uncomment the following two lines:
  CFLAGS= -O -pipe
  NOPROFILE=      true
* check /etc/group (group "bind" had to be added 3.0-RELEASE )
* drop into single user mode
* cd to /usr/obj
* chflags - R noschg *
* rm -rf *
* cd /usr/src
* script /var/tmp/mw.out
* make buildworld  :(
where things go bad (the error message I sent to you, lots of warnings excluded):

function `localtime'
/usr/src/lib/libutil/login_times.c:140: warning: passing arg 2 of
`in_ltm' makes pointer from integer without a cast
/usr/src/lib/libutil/login_times.c: In function `in_lts':
/usr/src/lib/libutil/login_times.c:159: warning: passing arg 2 of
`in_ltms' makes pointer from integer without a cast
*** Error code 1

Stop.

> Has anyone else managed to
> help you with this?